Saturday, August 11, 2007

Mission Completed!

I'm sure the few people that were once reading this random blog are no longer, BUT I had to show off the finished Sockapalooza socks. Just a few days late which I blame entirely on the fact that I chose a too-difficult pattern. Which meant this was not a mindless knit. But I'm so pleased with how they turned out and now I just hope that my sockpal likes them!



Photos courtesy of the Subway Knitter. That's The Point in the background.

Pattern: Twisted Flower Sock Pattern by Cookie A

Yarn: Claudia's Handpainted Yarn - colorway "Walk in the Woods" - also courtesy of The Subway Knitter (wow! she's great to have around . . . )


I LOVE this pattern. Though I had many nights filled with cursing of the little cables, I love how it turned out. In retrospect, though the distinct pattern would have probably had more pop with a solid color, this variegated yarn also suits my sockpal's color preferences so I'm happy with that. Not evident in these pictures (see Cookie A's pictures for a better shot), is the beautiful back of the heel.



Phew. Now i just need to handle the extra challenge of making my way to the post office sometime this century.

Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Isobel said...

They are beautiful, your sock pal will be thrilled.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Lisa D. said...

Having seen these socks in person, I can attest to their beauty. Any sock pal would be lucky to receive these treasures! I'm going to head over to Cookie's site right now to check out that pattern.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Jofrog said...

Oooh, so pretty! I'm sure your pal will love them. Have you received your socks yet?

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger alison said...

Gorgeous! I love how the cables turned out in that yarn. Very nice. (And I'm so jealous that you get to knit with Colleen at the Point. Grrrrr... Miss you gals!)

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger LaLa said...

Those are lovely. I wish they were for me.

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitsmiths gotta have a field trip to NYC!

Fun photo shoot.

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

scary and impressive, darlin'. thaoster

 

Post a Comment

<< Home