Saturday, October 21, 2006

Do you see what I see?

I've been laboriously working on my sister's lace shawl. A couple of weeks ago, I crossed the halfway point (where the diagonal line changes direction) and kept plodding along. Today, I decided to stretch it out and see it all laid out. And look!!


What the hell is that?!?! How did the yarn just dramatically change color like that? A dyelot issue? Nope, this is all one big skein. Instead it appears to be just a stroke of bad luck.

Kim, I'm hoping you think this is one of those charming anomalies that happen with handmade knits. There's no going back now. Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Sue said...

It still looks beautiful, and I am sure it will be loved.

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How bizarre! Oh well, I guess it adds character!

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll just try not to spread it out on the floor very often and hope no one notices.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Thea said...

I think it's cool - folks might even think it's SUPPOSED to be that way. Unless, of course, you blog about it...

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

It's so sudden it actually looks intentional. Seriously.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger spajonas said...

weird! i can't believe it changed in mid-knit.

by the way, love the pattern. what is it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home