Monday, May 14, 2007

I Get by with a Little Yarn from my Friends

I've made some progress in the Sockapalooza world- I have achieved yarn!

I was detailing my sockpal's preference for deep blues and purples to the Subway Knitter a couple of weeks ago and she informs me that she has the perfect match. One week later, and Voila!, some Claudia Handpainted Yarn with all my sockpal's preferences for color.



Colleen, you're the best! Now i'm in search for a good pattern. This will clearly be a darkly variegated yarn so I don't want anything with intricate stitching that will get washed away. My pal is also in a warm climate so i think knee socks would be impractical. I've been enjoying seeing everyone else's choices on the knit pligg so I may be stealing some ideas soon. Unless the Subway Knitter wants to do this for me as well??

7 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

gorgeous yarn! If you have access to back issues of Interweave Knits I would recommend the Retro Rib socks (I think it's in the Winter 2004 issue) by Evelyn Clark. It's a great pattern for variegated yarns!

 
At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, Retro Rib. That's a good pattern (I have it--just, um, let me know).

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about some Monkey Socks? They are pretty on varigated yarn.....
Was good to see you the other day at the Point!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger knitty_kat said...

and I thought I was the only one that hadn't started yet!! Lovely yarn!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Retro rib will look wonderful. And it is so nice and stretchy that it fits a range of legs. It is also one of the patterns in Favorite socks

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know what you're talkin' about, hon. but it sounds good. very pretty yarn. thaosky

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous yarn - you'll be lucky to have that yarn advice close at hand soon enough, huh? I tagged you for a meme thing - 7 facts about you we all wanna know! sorry, thea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home