Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Truth Revealed

(Did I catch your attention with that dramatic title?)

Last night, I visited the lovely Spiders (so nice to see you all again and to meet some of you) where I was also reunited with Colleen, clearly the only Knitsmith who cares enough about me to pay me a visit. But there, I was forced to admit a serious error. Turns out I'm not as blameless as I made myself out to be in my last post regarding the abrupt color change in the Violetta shawl.



What's that, you say? Could it be the start of a new skein? Well, not exactly. I'm still using one giant quad skein from Morehouse. But those of you who were witness to my unskilled yarn winding might remember that the yarn broke once and I had to wind two balls. Silly me- I didn't even remember this when I saw the color change until several days later, I happened to see the yarn end sticking out. oh well.

In other knitting news, these make me very happy:



On the right, another quad skein of Morehouse. This time it will (eventually, maybe a few years?) turn into a Melody shawl for me. In the center, my Debbie Bliss silk yarn patiently waiting to be turned into a cardigan. And introducing, on the left, some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in "Watercolor", purchased on my first visit to Purl a couple of weeks ago. Along with this pattern:



Isn't it the cutest? It will be my niece's annual handknit Xmas sweater. After working on shawls and scarves for so long, I forgot how pleasant and quick it is to knit up child-size stuff.

7 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Tragically, all the kids in my life are boys. Girls seem so much more fun to knit for!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger spajonas said...

it was great to finally meet you!

yeah, knitting for kids is great. so quick and (usually) easy :)

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger betta said...

wow! the sweater is beautiful! will you come to Barcelona to hand it out yourself? ;)

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger lisa b said...

i still care enough about you to read your blog :)

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Thea said...

hey hey hey.... we care. We just don't have the travel freedom of our buddy... and, I just don't think you want me and the girls at your place for a slumber party so much.

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's right baby!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Veronique said...

I couldn't see the color change in your shawl! I think it looks great.
It was nice meeting you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home