Sunday, October 01, 2006

Ruffled Again

A friend's trip cancelled at the last minute plus the recent acquisition of DVR meant that I had much time on the couch last weekend. I was getting tired of my 2nd Ruffles scarf and so I was determined to finish.

Tada!



(Did you all notice the lovely exposed brick wall? In case not, here's another shot.)



So here's the problem. I'm not sure I like it and part of me thinks I look like a complete dork wearing it. When I made the first one for my friend Christina, I made it out of an amazing light green 100% bamboo yarn. I really liked the way the ruffles hung with that yarn. And within 10 minutes of presenting it to C., she got two compliments from random strangers. So of course I thought "I gotta get me one of those!" For mine, I decided to go with the Classic Elite as specified in the pattern.

Here's Christina in her Ruffles.



I need honest opinions- no holds barred. Will I look like an ass on the streets of Manhattan wearing this scarf? (and by this, i mean, will i look like more of an ass than most people?) Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger spajonas said...

i think that with a cute coat, it would look just fabulous!

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will look like an ass, so you should just give it to your sister.

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the style is totally cool, shav. i suggest you try darker colors and make the ruffles a tiny bit wider.

you won't look like an ass, babe. on the contrary, you'll look hip. thaosky

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the heck are you talking about. Your latest creation is totally envy-inspiring. An elegant and classy accessory to any outfit or outwear ensemble. If you still have doubts, consider that this different yarn may impact how the scarf looks after a few wears. For a true test, just wear it and see how many "where'd you get that" queries pour in.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Thea said...

Sweet brick wall. Wish I had one of those...

On the scarf, I go with beneficiary of ruffles - wear it out shopping one day and see what people say - I guarantee they'll dig it.

Just don't wear it with that dominatrix outfit from a few entries back or you WILL look like an ass...

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I think it looks great on you. Definitely keep it. And the exposed brick. Love that, too.

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello lady! we miss you!
Not Dana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home