Sunday, November 05, 2006

Connor Meets George

What to do when there's no new knitting to report? Go to the babies! Yesterday, I received some pics in the mail from my friend Erin in Vancouver. She had her baby in August and I had sent her the George Sweater. Look at how charming this baby is! I really like the red on him.



One of the reasons there's no knitting update is that I had to go on a trip to Little Rock, Arkansas this past week. I actually purposely made the decision not to bring knitting with me because I didn't want to distract myself from preparing the workshop that I was giving over two days. But, due to scheduling, and the fact that there is nothing to do in Little Rock, Arkansas, I had a lot more time on my hands than I would have liked.

But I found this particularly interesting. This sign was posted on the back of the bathroom door:



I have never seen anything like it. And what does it mean exactly? Flush after use? Well, that's different than saying "flush frequently", no? And why do Arkansans (or visitors to Arkansas)need such reminders?

I couldn't let it go so I asked the front desk guy when I was checking out. He said that "even though the building had been completely renovated, there were still old pipes." I asked if people needed the reminder and he told me, with a bit of a grimace, that yes they did.

I was very happy to come home. Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger spajonas said...

hhhmm, flush frequently. interesting. that's pretty much what all the women at work do in the bathroom to cover their noises. so strange.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Eudoria said...

Man, that baby is FAT as all babies should be. We need to get Che to fatten up Izzy so we can pinch her more often. Thaosky

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

I cannot contemplate not bringing knitting? How are you recovering from the shock?

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, what were you thinking with the knitting? I mean going to Little Rocks ain't like going to, say, the West Side.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Elinor said...

Heeee! Nice sign. What were you smokin' re knitting?? Eek. Glad you're back!

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You so missed a couple of fabulous yarn shops in Little Rock! Handworks Knitting Gallery IS Goddess Yarns and the place is PURE FUN! Also The Yarn Shop is loaded with wonderful yarns! Both in the historic Heights area. You could have had lunch at Trios, or Loca Luna. And I have lived in LR since 1980 (in Arkansas since 1961)and everybody flushes, someone is constantly flushing!!! You must have been staying at one of the downtown hotels being renovated..cause in Arkansas our potties are flushin' all the time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home