Thursday, August 16, 2007

Ask and ye shall receive

My sockpal is a much better person than me. Not only does she give me beautiful more-than-knee high socks, but also two skeins of incredible sock yarn AND perfectly crafted stitch holders. Thank you Michelle - it is all truly wonderful!!








Look how high they go! I hope she wasn't cursing me as she knit higher and higher . . .


over the knee!!






That is one looooong sock.




Pattern: Canyon Hiking Socks from "Greetings from the Knit Cafe"
Yarn: Rowan Wool Cotten



I can attest to how comfortable they are!








And what gorgeous sock yarn - my feet will be happy for years!







I've decided that these are boysenberries. Why not??

I am very very happy.

Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some sweet socks. And the stitch markers? Would totally convert them to earrings.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Very nice! I also like the ones you made! Great work!
I started out this 'palooza knitting the Cablenet pattern and gave up in dismay. No way I was getting those done in time. Maybe if I keep knitting on them, I can have them ready for the next round...

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Fiber Chic said...

boysenberry stitch markers-certainly unique!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Thea said...

oops. I had stopped reading. sorry (where's the sheepish happy face?) but gorgeous socks that you made and awesome comfy ones in return - the boysenberries too. Was very amused by you and Colleen's Big City Adventures and milkshakes. Maybe you can use stirrers in those? Hope all is well! Am hoping to steal a day in the city sometime this fall - maybe you gals can take me on the yarn tour! Thea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home