Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Veni Vidi Vici

First, an apology for the delay. The amount of brain space that I've been able to devote to anything except freaking out about moving has been very, very small.

But now that I found an apartment (!), I've managed to free up an iota more and can post for the first time in a month.

Back in June, I told you about my foray into toe-up, two-at-a-time, magic-loop socks. I managed to make it past the heel just fine. As evidenced here:



But then I began to notice a disturbing pattern. This is how it would go:

1. Work one row across both socks.
2. Sigh.
3. Rest.
4. Turn the needle around, push it through the stitches on the other side.
5. Sigh.
6. Rest.
7. Repeat steps 1-6.

As you might imagine, this takes longer than one would like. So, I considered the magic loop method conquered and went back to this:



Ah, much better.

5 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cool, babe. thaoster

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking good (the socks, and the blogging)

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Thea said...

groovy! You've updated! Cool Socks. And for your comment, NOT kidding. I'm actually having one now. Pink grapefruit, gin, seltzer and lime. Had to import a new partner, as mine are all pregnant and bedridden.. Maybe YOU can come by and give me an excuse??

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Wow what a process with the magic loop. I only use DPN's for my sock knitting, and if I get SSS I just pretend that their a pressie for someone and it helps knit the 2nd one faster.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger gabriella said...

i'm with you on the dpns...even if they do poke holes through every knitting bag on the planet.

and i still can't believe you got that lorna's to stripe so nicely! amazing.

~gabriella

 

Post a Comment

<< Home