Sunday, June 11, 2006

It's Like Buttah!

Despite feeling like it took forever, I realized today that it was only about six weeks of not-much knitting to complete this wonderful baby blanket for my bestest friend from grad school.

And look! The sun shined down upon the cape to provide an outdoor picture for sizing purposes. Never mind those ends- I was so excited that it was done that I took the "finished" photos before I actually wove them in.


Close up on the diamonds.

The details . . .
Yarn: Rowan Soft Baby in Butter (sooooo soft)
Pattern: Fiber Trends Easy Knit Baby Blanket - Diamonds
Modifications: I made it slightly smaller and did only 11 diamond repeats across instead of 14. I then modified the length. Ended up using only 4.5 skeins of yarn which means, of course, some Butter booties! Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Jofrog said...

Oooh, buttah! The baby will LOVE it. This baby might sleep through the night at two weeks because it can't imagine leaving the crib and this amazing blanket!

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! It feels as good as it looks!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Thea said...

hey, how did I miss this yesterday? You didn't bring it did you? Hope you are having fun w/ magic loop by now. And PS - my friend moved TO Park Slope and just asked me if you still need some apt hunting eyes/help. Do you?

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely, babe. lovely. thaosky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home