Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Clever Ruse or Complete Overkill?

I will admit that my primary motivation for starting this thing is to make sure the Knitsmiths do not forget me when I leave. An additional bonus is that, since once I move, I can no longer rely on Alison to generously post pictures of my projects, my sister and other knit-tolerant friends have somewhere to look at my progress. Or lack of progress. I consider it a small miracle that I figured out how to link when i wrote "alison" just then. i don't know how to do cute buttons or anything else. Help?! what have i done?

SO, to inaugurate my first legitimate post, I thought I would go back to the beginning. Don't worry- this won't take long. I learned the knit and purl stitches from my "Grandma" Wilma as a child but I don't remember doing a real project until sometime in college. And this is it:

The yarn? No clue. The pattern? I think I have it here somewhere. The result? Can anyone say "oversized"? There is a reason I haven't worn this in years. I do have to say, that although my seaming techniques leave a LOT to be desired, I havc improved since this sweater. I remember buying green thread to sew this altogether. Oy.

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Thea said...

Hey you! Glad to see you've joined the fray - will be sure to check in and keep tabs on you.... and see what you've knit since the beginning of time.

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get it. What's wrong with green thread?
--your sister

 

Post a Comment

<< Home