Monday, May 01, 2006

And they're off!

Have to send my Sockapaloooza socks off a day early since I'm heading out of town tomorrow.

Oh wait. You can't see the cables very well in that one. Try this:

That's a little better.
Pattern: Broken Cable Rib Socks from Interweave Knits (modified only that I did short-row heels instead of traditional heel flap)
Yarn: Socks that Rock, colorway Alina.

I'm pretty happy with this yarn. My sock pal had requested anything but pink, which is funny because I had requested the same, and I like how this yarn has so many colors that are so NOT pink.

And to try to distract my sock pal from the fact that the socks came out fatter than I would have liked:

A postcard of Beacon Hill and some candies from my last trip to Barcelona complete with a New York Times review. Yummm. (I have some for knitsmiths too but keep forgetting to bring!)

Off to North Carolina for a few days for work. Too bad my sock pal doesn't live in Salisbury. I could have made a delivery. :)

2 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm blown away Shirleen! They are stunning and I love them and wow, they are such perfect birkenstock socks!
thank you thank you thank you!

(now, did you leave a comment on my blog saying you were from Ontario? Because someone did, so I thought you were Canadian!)

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Thea said...

missed you yesterday - how's the kitty?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home