Monday, May 15, 2006

All Wound Up and Nowhere to Go

First, let me just say now that for THE LAST TIME i'm going to apologize for the poor lighting in all my photos. It's just the way it's going to be for the next few months in my little apartment with crappy lighting. Add to my list of desirable qualities in a NY apartment - decent lighting with which to take photographs of yarn. No problemo.

It's not very exciting to blog about a baby blanket. (it is fun to write that however) What would I do but update every day to say "yep, three more rows. wow.". Meanwhile, my knitting monogamy was pushing the limits of tedium.

So I wound this:




My Morehouse lace merino (which I actually wound up at Knitsmiths in a crazy action photo!) and this peachy argentinian yarn that I bought in Barcelona. I was itching to get started on my sister's morehouse shawl but my size 8 needles were being hogged by the baby blanket. So what's an intrepid knitter to do?! Buy more needles of course! Thank goodness- monogamy is certainly not for me.

And how does one wind yarn when one only has one thingie (thanks to Thea) and not the other thingie?? This way of course!:


What a kind friend. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking good! Wait, didn't you start that shawl last week?

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

someday I'll understand why a perfectly good ball of yarn needs to be wound.
on that day I'll be making my own shawls instead of having to wait for Christmas. Boo hoo hoo!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger all you knit is love said...

Hi Shireen - just found your blog. I'm glad to see that you're putting your Barcelona souvenirs to good use! Hope to see you back here again soon!

Jennifer

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Norah said...

Oh, good, I was waiting to see what your next project was going to be--so I could copy you again! (evil laughter). Seriously, it's going to be beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home